Introduction to Canine Rehabilitation
Gain a fundamental understanding of canine anatomy, physiology and biomechanics. Build relevant structures on canine skeletons using clay, and get hands-on experience palpating live dogs. Common orthopaedic and neurological disorders of the canine patient are covered including both conservative and surgical treatment options. Canine rehabilitation modalities including traditional physical therapy and integrative therapies are introduced, as well as ways they can be incorporated into a veterinary practice.
*Prerequisites: This workshop is open to veterinarians, physiotherapists, vet nurses and technicians. There is 8. hours of self-paced preparation with online material. Vet nurses/ technicians must submit an Employer Agreement Letter indicating that there is a veterinarian or physical therapist either certified in canine rehabilitation working in their practice or registered for Introduction to Canine Rehabilitation.
WORLD KNOWN SPECIALISTS
OPEN TO NURSES* AND VETS AND PHYSIO’S
What you will learn
You will revise :
- Canine musculoskeletal anatomy in depth
- Comparative (human and canine) anatomy and biomechanics
- Canine neuro/musculoskeletal structures including bones, muscles, nerves, ligaments, tendons and cartilage; also, the origin, insertion, innervation, and action of each
You will develop skills in :
- Diagnosing muscoloskeletal conditions
- The fundamental physiology, kinesiology, and biomechanics of joint, muscle and muscle action as they relate to common canine injuries
- The use of different modalities of diagnoses
- Traditional physical therapy terminology and techniques including manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and aquatic therapy; also, physical modalities utilising LASER, ultrasound, thermal agents and electrotherapy
- The use of different physical therapeutic modalities of treatment
- Integrative therapies including acupuncture, chiropractic
- Diagnosis, treatment planning, and outcome measurement in canine rehabilitation
A VETPRAC COURSE WILL PAY FOR ITSELF
With the skills you gain at a VetPrac course, you can dramatically increase your income.
Every patient recovering from injury or surgery benefits from rehabilitation. By billing just ten for a full rehabilitation program you pay for this course and start seeing the benefits of these new skills.
Plus, you may be able to claim some or all of the cost as professional development or a tax deduction.
Dr Janet Van Dyke
Dr Kirsten Kirkby Shaw
Dr Kara Amstutz
What our participants say…
“Any Vet that ever sees a lame dog needs to attend this workshop”
“It helps vets understand the importance of physiotherapy in dogs. To incorporate rehab and exercise program for our patients”
“Gave me information on how to help geriatric patients and identify soft tissue problems and how to diagnose them.”
“Didn’t really know what to expect but very impressed”
Your Questions Answered
What happens if I pay and then later can’t come?
As per our workshop terms & conditions, refunds are provided (if the cancellation is in writing) up to 45 days prior to the workshop. Cancellations made 45 days prior to the commencement of the workshop incur a 30% administration fee. Cancellations made 7 days prior to the commencement of the workshop are not refundable.
Can I pay off my registration fee?
Yes! We offer payment plans so registrants can pay off their fee easily. To request a payment plan, please contact [email protected].
What if I can’t attend because of COVID-19 border restrictions?
The terms & conditions will apply and you will have to make a decision 45 days prior to the workshop to receive a refund.
What happens if the workshop is cancelled?
If VetPrac cancels any workshops, you will be provided a full refund. However, VetPrac will not be responsible for any travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by you. If on-campus accommodation is organised by VetPrac, the cost of this accommodation will be forfeited.
Are there group discounts available?
Yes! If you are coming in a group of 3 or more, discounts are available. Please contact us directly to discuss groups discounts.